Frequently asked questions regarding Coaching:
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a new profession which supports individuals who would like to achieve more in their lives. Years ago, coaching was mainly limited to the area of sport. These coaches provided an outside perspective and kept their clients focused on their goals to enable them go for the gold. Nowadays all kinds of people can hire a professional coach. Anybody who wants to live his or her dream or anybody who wants to have an extraordinary life can hire a coach for advice and strategies on improving their professional and personal lives. Coaching closes the gap between where you are now and where you want to be.
Coaching on the Phone – does it work?
May be this will surprise you! In many aspects coaching on the phone can be even better than the “face to face” coaching. You are more focused and able to concentrate on your topic, you are less disturbed by distractions from outside, you will formulate your thoughts much more precisely and you will even start to begin to talk more quickly on what really matters for you. And – you can maintain a certain anonymity. Plus, you save travel time and travel expenses. From all over the world, wherever you are, you can easily reach your coach.
What does a Coach do?
In the first place, a coach is a master in listening, he asks you powerful questions and he gives you honest feedback. The coach helps you to develop new strategies in your life. Sometimes the coach points out things you do not see and he gives you new ideas about how you can improve your day to day life.
A coach advises you, guides you, motivates you, encourages you and wants your absolute best. A coach sometimes also challenges you to do much more than you think you can. A coach keeps you focused and helps you to reach your bigger goals in a more efficient way.
What is the difference between Life Coaching and Coaching?
You can already see the difference in the word “life” we use. It has something to do with our whole life and not only some areas of it. As a Life Coach I am open to all topics. The client always decides what’s important for him and what topics he would like to work on. Our Career is one aspect of our life but there are so many other aspects that we may want to focus on and make changes. As a Life Coach I work with all kinds of people, people of all social ranks, cultures, life styles and age groups.
What is Life Coaching on the Telephone all about?
- Having more energy in our life.
- Creating stable and ample boundaries.
- Restoring integrity.
- Having an effortless and easy life.
- Getting rid of all energy drainers so called tolerations.
- Meeting needs and raising our standards.
- With a reserve, we are at choice.
- Perfecting the present wherever we are.
- Treating our body like a temple.
- Being financially independent.
- Improving our attitude.
- Becoming a problem free zone.
- Strenghtening our family and deepening our community.
- Setting goals based on our true values.
- .Starting to attract the life we really want.
What is the difference between Coaching, Therapy and Consulting?
- Therapy has to do with our past. If you carry unresolved matters with you, if you experienced traumatic situations, which will not allow you to move forward, therapy can be the best route to resolving these issues. There are great therapists who can help us in these situations.
- A consultant is an expert in a specialist area, like a financial planner or an IT expert. There are experts in all walks of life. If you need expertise, finding a consultant, expert in his field, would be the best route to take.
- In coaching the present and future is important. We use everything the client brings with him. Somebody who wants Coaching is usually healthy and ready to move forward. They feel empowered enough to build an action plan towards achieving their goals. I trust that my clients know what’s best for them, and with some support and guidance, can find the answers in them selves.
More to that topic you find under this link:
Can I be sure that our Coaching will be confidential?
Coaching is a profession having its own procedures and with its own methods, with international standards and clear ethics. Whatever you do, how you do it, what you achieve and all your personal information will be completely confidential.
Is Coaching serious?
Coaching is accepted all over the world as a methodology for personal development. Many schools in Switzerland as well as in many other countries offer official training and workshops – some lasting several years. The International Coach Federation (ICF) is an association which has more than 20 000 members from all over the world and provides ethical guidelines for coaches.
What is the ICF philosophy?
The ICF promotes coaching in companies, provides quality control and is dedicated to investigations and developments of technologies all around coaching.
The International Coach Federation adheres to a form of coaching that honours the client as the expert in his/her life and work and believes that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve.
- Encourage client self-discovery.
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies.
- Hold the client responsible and accountable.