Why do I coach on the Phone?
To be very honest I really love using the phone for a good discussion. For me the phone is the quickest medium for getting into contact, to exchange ideas, to look for solutions, to communicate and to solve misunderstandings. From my experience I feel that the phone is sometimes even more efficient than a personal talk, an e-mail, an SMS or a Zoom Call.
Why would you use a Telephone Coach?
- If your time is very limited, however you would like to move forward personally and in your professional life, then you might benefit from having coaching over the phone. Even 10 minutes coaching per week (called Laser Coaching) might produce lots of results.
- If the telephone is your favourite medium, then of course I would suggest you to try out coaching over the phone. If you are a very open person, if you are curious, if you are somebody who loves to experiment with new things, why not give yourself a chance and call me.
- Talking to a coach over the phone is a very discreet affair. If, for various personal or professional reasons, you need lots of distance, anonymity or protection you will appreciate this medium.
- If you live abroad, far away from home, and yet want to have a coach, you also might choose a telephone coach. My own coaches lived in Canada and in the US.
- And don’t forget: some people are not mobile, either because of illness or small children at home, because they live in the country or far away abroad, they might not have access to a local coach. Coaching on the Phone would be a great alternative for them.
How does Life Coaching on the Phone work?
- Life Coaching by Phone is very discrete and highly confidential. You can be sure that I will support you in the best possible way. You can call me any time and talk to me, either by e-mail or by phone. You can schedule a date or you can just call me when you want my support!
- How many calls do I have? You can have as many coaching calls as you want. Sometimes there are times where we need lots of support, for example, through career changes. Or you are facing an important decision in your life and you need immediate feedback.
- High flexibility: You all know that we are living in a very busy, high speed world. “Time is money”, some people say. Especially in the corporate world there is so much work pressure, so many things to do, so many meetings etc. Planning far ahead is nearly impossible because everything is changing from moment to moment. Being flexible is a necessity! If you have 15 minutes space, just call me. It is a great way to keep ourselves on track. To gain a small impact, a good idea, a reminder, constructive feedback or encouragement. You are always welcome!
What is the difference between coaching Face to Face and Coaching on the Phone?
- On the telephone we are not able to communicate through our bodies. The whole body language is missing, for example shaking hands or looking each other into each eyes. So we have to make use of other senses and we have to know how to do it.
- A coach trained with coaching on the phone has to be an expert in listening and needs many auditory skills. Only then he can completely comprehend the other person. Such a coach works mainly with language patterns, with his voice and with volume. He is trained to listen between the lines. He needs special questioning techniques; the coach has to be very disciplined and present and be able to understand the use of words.
- Yes, and of course, without a smile and without a friendly atmosphere during the call, telephone coaching would not be possible. We can accomplish so much more if we feel good.